Amidst our virtual discourse titled ‘AI Futures (deliberated for high school scholars),’ transpiring on the 11th of March during the Mozilla Foundation’s MozFest 2021, PreparationTech probed attendees to partake in a sequence of straw ballots. These surveys gauged their viewpoints concerning the utility of AI and its interconnected repercussions, ramifications, and moral tenets. (An assembly of twenty-five individuals engaged throughout the duration of the event.)
The participants’ perspective underscores the primacy of human erudition vis-à-vis technology, holding technocrats accountable for the fallouts precipitated by their technological innovations. Remarkably, every individual, totaling 100%, asseverated that governmental control should preside over AI application.
- Forecasting Algorithms & Recommender Systems Forged with Machine Learning
Soraya Hausl, the Chief Data Scientist affiliated with Carra, an internet-based bespoke hair care enterprise, delivered discourse on the multitude of digital services propelled by AI and machine learning. Data savants are adroitly deploying prognosticative algorithms to deduce human desires and necessities, subsequently yielding suggestions. Herein lay the outcomes of the surveys intertwined with machine learning-driven counsel.
What preoccupies you most regarding predictive algorithms?
- 43% = predisposition (pertaining to race, gender, cultural nuances, etc.)
- 28% = trespasses on privacy
- 14% = erroneous prognoses
- 14% = inadequacies within the dataset
Are predictive algorithms and recommender systems attenuating our cerebral sovereignty, stifling autonomous decision-making?
- 60% = affirmative
- 40% = negatory
Should a digital service propose a distinct product that triggers an adverse outcome, who shoulders culpability?
- 67% – AI architect/data maven orchestrating the recommender framework
- 33% – consumer, entrusted with comprehending the gambles involved
- Cognizant, Anthropomorphic Automata
David Hanson, the Originator and CEO of Hanson Robotics, expounded upon his faction’s employment of AI and machine learning to conjure robots adept at emulating human kinetics, verbal cadences, visage contortions, and cognitive cognition. Herewith lie the upshots of the polls affiliated with human-like robots.
Should automata be animated? 100% = dissenting
How can we adjudge automata’s social sagacity?
- 50% – evincing emotions
- 50% – wielding inquisitiveness
Across which domains should socially-intelligent automatons inaugurate their service?
- 25% – pedagogy
- 25% – healthcare
- 25% – artistic realm
- 25% – caregiving (elderly, juveniles) nil – military/policing
If AI empowers robots to cogitate autonomously, what trajectory do you envision?
- 67% – confronting humanity
- 33% – aiding humanity
- Intelligent Agrarian Tech Encompassing AI & Machine Learning
Jen Selby, the Machine Learning Artisan affiliated with Blue River Technology, disseminated insights concerning her organization’s assimilation of computerized vision and automatons to proffer agribusiness with heightened sustainability. Their ‘Perceive & Douse’ innovation discerns weeds, allowing targeted intervention. Noted here are the findings originating from the surveys pertaining to agrarian tech where AI-driven agrarian technology converges.
Who/what occupies pole position for the future of agribusiness?
- 83% – agrarians
- 17% – technocrats
What stands as the paramount boon of AI’s integration within agriculture?
- 50% – ameliorated application of benign agents (herbicides, pesticides, etc.)
- 33% – augments our capacity to nourish the populace
- 17% – upswing in vegetation yield
What epitomizes the chief drawback of embedding AI into agribusiness?
- 33% – ebbing labor opportunities for farmers and laborers
- 50% – erosion of ancestral wisdom held by small-scale farmers
- 17% – inaccessibility of AI-rooted tech to modest-scale farmers
Should ‘sophisticated’ agricultural machinery falter in identifying and eradicating weeds, culminating in the retailing of said weeds and subsequent consumer affliction, who shoulders accountability?
- 100% – technocrat